How To Go About Misplaced-Lost-Stolen and Burnt Original WAEC Certificate

Monday, October 16, 2017

How To Go About Misplaced-Lost-Stolen and Burnt Original WAEC Certificate

How To Go About Misplaced-Lost-Stolen and Burnt Original WAEC Certificate
Do you know someone or are you a victim of lost, stolen, or burnt WAEC Original Certificate? If yes then this article is for you. Everyone knows that WAEC original Certificate has been one of the most crucial and important document required of candidates seeking or trying to gain admission into higher institutions( polytechnic, university, college's).
And It should be well safeguarded because it’s usually boldly written at the edge of the certificate that no substitute will be issued if the certificate is lost.

A lot of people have been sending me messages and emails on this topic, so I have decided to clarify every individual on the Lost, Stolen or burnt Certificate.

As Noted by the West African Examination Council (WAEC) Issuing of Original Certificate is done only Once.Candidates who lost, Misplaced or burnt their WAEC Original Certificate are issued Attestation of Result from WAEC. Instead of having nothing to prove it. The Council, however, now issues Attestation of Results which are as valid as the certificate.

Candidates are to report to any WAEC Office in the State he or she sat for the examination and apply for “Attestation of Results”. The Attestation of Results is issued to individual candidates or persons for their possession. The Attestation must be collected personally by applicants from the offices of the WAEC council in different regions of the country.
Note that the Attestation of Result confirms that the indiviual registered and sat for the West African Senor School Certificate Examination [WASSCE].
Recommend:WAEC GCE-2018 form is out | procedure-guideline

How To Go About Misplaced-Lost-Stolen and Burnt Original WAEC Certificate-

Requirement Needed To Apply For Attestation of Results:

Below are required documents needed for replacement for lost or damaged certificates which includes;

1. Candidates are required to get a Police report on lost or damaged certificate,(visit any police state closer to you and file a report on lost or damaged certificate.)

2. Candidates are required to swear an affidavit for collection of Attestation of Result.(visit any high court closer to you, for all those candidate who resides in Edo State, you can go to sapele road before "kada cinema" and get this done right away)

3. Candidate are required to present Birth certificate or relevant document showing date of Birth.

4. Also candidates can present photocopy of lost or damaged certificate/result [where available].

5. Candidate are required to present two (2) recent passport photograph of the candidate.

6. Candidates are to pay an administrative fee of Twenty thousand naira (N20,000.00) only in cash or draft payable to WAEC.

Application for attestation of result can be received in any WAEC offices nationwide, also the document can also be forwarded to the individual respective school by WAEC to verify.

For more Questions and information visit WAEC website :

Recommend post:

Thank you for reading this article on how to go about misplaced, lost, stolen or burnt original waec certificate,we will love to hear from you..... For any questions and suggestion drop them on the comment box below and I will attend to it immediately....... Show some love share this post and subscribe to this blog.

Drop your Comments/Question here